Caring For Your Stamps
Careful inking and regular cleaning will help your stamps last for years.
- Try to ensure the ink only hits the raised section of the stamp. If your wooden handle is covered in ink, this is probably sue to over inking and will damage your stamp over time.
- You should never wash a mounted stamp under the tap as the rubber can come away from the cushion.
- We only recommend the ink pads sold on our website. If you intend to use a different medium, you will need to check with the manufacturer that the product is suitable. DO NOT use any chemicals or spirits on your stamps.
Follow our tips below to help lengthen the life span of your stamp.
Follow our step by step guide
2. Start to clean your stamp by tapping it repeatedly onto a damp cloth.
3. Dry your stamp on a dry towel.
4. Polymer stamps can become a little sticky after cleaning - simply dust with corn starch powder, or similar.
5. Brush off the powder and your stamp will feel like new.
6. Your stamp is ready to be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
Watch our video tutorial
Read our blog
With the correct care, your stamps will last for years. We have some that are over 20 years old and still in great condition!
You should never wash a mounted stamp under the tap as the rubber can come away from the cushion.
For more guidance and product information read our Blog on How To Clean Your Stamps.